ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning refers to the automation and integration of a company’s core business to improve security, effectiveness and create simplified systems.
An ERP system automates and integrates core business processes such as taking customer orders, scheduling operations, and keeping inventory records and financial data. This can drive huge improvements in the effectiveness of any organisation by:
• assisting you in defining your business processes and ensuring they are complied with throughout the supply chain;
• protecting your critical business data through well-defined roles and security access
• enabling you to plan your work load based on existing orders and forecasts
• providing you with the tools to give a high level of service to your customers
• translating your data into decision making information
Benefits of ERP for your Business
- Integration across all business processes – To realize the full benefits of an ERP system it should be fully integrated into all aspects of your business from the customer facing front end, through planning and scheduling, to the production and distribution of the products you make.
- Automation enhances productivity – By automating aspects of business processes, ERP makes them more efficient, less prone to error, and faster. It also frees up people from mundane tasks such as balancing data.
- Increase overall performance – The integration of disparate business processes benefits by ensuring coherence and avoids duplication, discontinuity, and people working at cross purposes, in different parts of the organisation. The cumulative positive effect when business processes integrate well is overall superior performance by the organisation.
- Quality Reports and Performance Analysis – Analysis will enable you to produce financial and boardroom quality reports, as well as to conduct analysis on the performance of your organisation.
- Integrates across the entire supply chain – A best of breed system should extend beyond your organisation and integrate with both your supplier and customer systems to ensure full visibility and efficiency across your supply chain.MnM Business Solutions has many years of successful ERP implementation please contact us today on 1800 775 026 or use our contact us form. We can help you build a better business.* This article can be found in full at www.syspro.com/au/